Rock Recovery exists to bring people from darkness into light, from depression to joy, from anxiety to peace, from hopelessness to hope, from confusion to clarity, from isolation to community, from misinformed to educated, from being overwhelmed to being equipped, and from the lies of captivity into the truth of lasting freedom.
Through the generosity of supporters like you, Rock Recovery is working to:
- Provide an affordable and robust outpatient treatment program in Washington, D.C. (and one day expand nationwide)
- Train professionals (therapists, clergy, teachers, personal trainers, dietitians, etc) on the dangers and realities of eating disorders and how to support those struggling.
- Collaborate with other eating disorder organizations and nonprofits to fully support clients and communities.
We are unique because:
- We provide a holistic and robust outpatient recovery program to bridge gaps in transitional support and help people who couldn’t otherwise afford treatment by utilizing sponsors, generous donors and volunteer support.
- We offer a supportive and safe recovery community in what otherwise is often an isolating struggle for individuals at the outpatient level. Our clients receive weekly meals, therapy sessions, peer mentor support and other experiential and spiritual support services as requested.
- We look at the whole person – body, mind and spirit – and offer programming accordingly. Specifically, we have a Chaplain on staff who provides spiritual support to our clients, ensuring we are providing both sound clinical expertise and vital spiritual care.
We do this by:
- Collaborating with like-minded professionals, organizations and community members to bridge gaps in the treatment and understanding of disordered eating.
- Receiving generous support from businesses, individuals and churches who are passionate about helping others recover.
- Relying on talented and passionate staff and volunteers, and an expert board of directors and advisory council, who offer their expertise and leadership across the organization.