Come be a part of the Rock Recovery family! Rock Recovery is currently hiring a Development and Community Events Manager to join our growing team in the Washington, DC area and help more people find full and lasting freedom from disordered eating.
See below for required experience and full position descriptions. Expand HR Consulting will assist Rock Recovery with this search. Please submit your resume and letter of introduction to Erica Raphael, Senior Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “RR Clinical Program Consultant Position” or “RR Communications and Program Manager”. EOE/m/f/d/v.
Rock Recovery is a Christian 501(c)(3) nonprofit based in Washington, DC that supports the journey to freedom from disordered eating through Individual Recovery and Community Empowerment programs. Rock Recovery’s program serves adult clients through group meals, group therapy sessions, mentor matching, individual goal setting and optional spiritual services (such as healing prayer, support groups and spiritual direction with a Chaplain). Rock Recovery also hosts events and workshops to reduce stigma around eating disorders and empower the community to seek help for themselves or their loved ones.
Development and Community Events Manager
About the Role
Rock Recovery’s Development and Community Events Manager is responsible for maintaining and growing a strong active presence in the Washington, DC community through community partnerships, events and development efforts. The position reports directly to the Executive Director and includes the following roles and responsibilities:
Development & Communications:
- Works closely with the Executive Director to craft and execute a development plan that targets multiple funding streams, and perform duties such as:
- Researching grant and funding opportunities from foundations, churches and corporations and writing and submitting proposals
- Assisting with individual donor relations and solicitation including prospecting and in-person solicitations
- Crafting and assisting with the distribution of direct mail, email/online appeals and annual reports for the purpose of raising funds
- Assist with event sponsorship solicitation and successfully close requests for financial and in-kind community and corporate support
- Manage the Rock Recovery website in partnership with key volunteers; create and distribute monthly eNewsletters and other communications as needed
- Manage and maintain an active presence on Rock Recovery social media channels
- Manage online eTapestry database including check entry, constituent updates, donor acknowledgements, donor prospecting and running reports.
Community Empowerment Program Events:
- Oversee and execute all aspects of special events and meetings from beginning to end, including budgeting, venue selection and coordination, contract negotiation, program planning, and financial sponsorships and partnerships.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, create and implement a strategic marketing plan in order to increase community event attendance and involvement
- Build and manage relationships with vendors, speakers, clinicians, community partners and event attendees
- Grow and strengthen the organization’s interaction with key audiences (specifically local clinicians, the faith community and health and fitness centers)
- Promote and coordinate educational talks and seminars to key target groups, such as parents, students, churches and young adults
- Manage training events for clinicians and key audiences in partnership with treatment centers and other applicable organizations
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years’ experience in fundraising, event planning/management and community outreach with a nonprofit or mission-driven organization.
- Sharing of Rock Recovery’s core values (freedom and faith, acceptance and authenticity, community and collaboration, evolution and excellence) and no discomfort with Rock Recovery’s Christian values and roots.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with staff, board of directors, high level volunteers and donors.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, highly efficient and conscientious about thorough follow-up.
- Skilled writer and communicator with superior interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability manage multiple projects, meet multiple concurrent deadlines and manage evolving priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience with development databases such as eTapestry is preferred.
- Availability to work some weekends (1-2 a month) and evenings (1-2 a week) to attend events and support event staff/volunteers and the Executive Director.
- Qualified candidates must successfully pass a background check.
Expand HR Consulting will assist Rock Recovery with this search. Please submit your resume and letter of introduction to Erica Raphael, Senior Consultant, email@example.com, subject line “RR Development and Community Events Manager”. EOE/m/f/d/v.